Wednesday, June 16, 2010

please excuse my lack of free time

Everything is incredibly busy. The move went really well. Jonna, Varun, and Billy are amazing for helping me move in such a short amount of time. I'd be completely lost without them! However, I am now living in a land of boxes. I unpacked most things, but left a lot still to be moved and unpacked. Thanks to school, work, internship, homework - life! I probably won't really get settled into the new apartment until August.

My commute to work has increased about 30-40 minutes which also means I have to wake up and head out earlier. I wake up between 4:30-5am and leave the apartment no later than 6:10am. I stroll about 10 minutes to the metro where I wait about 4 minutes for the train. 25-30 minutes later I arrive in DC and walk 10 minutes to work. The schedule seems to work out pretty well. Ever since I've moved I've been on time or early to work! It does make my days longer however. Three times a week I have my internship after work from 1-1:30 until 5pm and twice a week after that I have class from 7:20 - 10pm. Long days! I'm looking forward to August.

No comments: