Monday, August 2, 2010

surprise!

I finally finished a long summer of class and Billy asked me if I wanted to get lunch with him on Friday to celebrate. He isn't often in the Tyson's office so I was very excited to have this chance! I metroed home from work and he picked me up and we headed out to lunch. I asked him "so where are we going for lunch?" and he said "I really want to go to Panera." Well, I've never really known anyone to really want to go to Panera, but I hadn't been in a while and I don't hate their food so I figured ok, sounds good! It's probably a really good thing that I'm not too picky (maybe sometimes). I could've really been difficult for Billy if I didn't want to go to Panera because apparently there was a specific reason he wanted to go.

We walk into Panera and head toward the counter. Billy takes out his phone and selects camera and starts to record a video. I said to him "why are you recording a video?" and then this happens:

video

Amy and Nora flew down to DC to surprise me for a long weekend!! With the help of Billy, they sneakily created an elaborate plan to surprise me. Well after the end of a summer semester and not having seen my bestests since December, I was clearly, emotional :P They had planned the entire weekend. Billy had bought them tickets to come with us to see Legwarmers that night too!

We had lunch (not at Panera, we ended up going to Noodles and Co) and then Billy had to go back to work. We ended up going to Ballston, I had a hair appointment set for a few weeks and they were very nice enough to let me keep my appointment, while they wandered around the mall looking for outfits for the concert. Afterward, we got all dressed up in our 80s garb and headed out for dinner and a show! We were all pretty tired after a long day (esp since they had a long travel day that started early and with delays) but we still enjoyed the concert.

Nora and Amy had booked a hotel in Tyson's for the weekend so we all had a mini get away! Saturday we had breakfast at Silver Diner and ordered giant milkshakes, great way to start the day with a sugar high! We spent the day shopping, pampering ourselves with pedicures, and dragged Amy to see Eclipse! Amy shook her head and laughed at us the entire time, and we bought her a giant slushee for being a good sport.

They had to leave early afternoon on Sunday so we took our time relaxing and walking around Old Town Alexandria. The weather was sunny and gorgeous and not too hot! We actually took some pictures of the 3 of us (which we always forget to do - Amy tell Mike me wants le pictures!) and then headed to the airport where we had big hugs and sad goodbyes.

It was THE BEST SURPRISE and I had an amazing weekend with my ladies. I'm so lucky to have such a sweet (and sneaky) boyfriend and fabulously wonderful best friends!!!

No comments: