Wednesday, June 25, 2008

inflamed

I went to the Ophthalmologist today.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've been wearing my glasses a lot lately. I hate it. My left eye has been unable to focus completely, and I can't wear contacts because it makes it worse. Finally decided to go to a real doctor, and to never go to an Optometrist again!! He was useless and I hate him. He helped me temporarily, but in general, was a waste of time. The only bonus was that each time I went to have him look at my left eye, I never paid anything.

So the Ophthalmologist, was very nice. She put some iodine into my eyes - to which now my tears are yellow - and saw that my poor cornea of my left eye is INFLAMED. It's swollen and therefore can't focus, which is why I can't really see. So I have these milky white eye drops - one drop every 2 hours for 4 days and then every 3 hours, and I have to put some weird gel stuff in my eye lid when I sleeps. I will go back on Monday and she thinks I can go back to wearing contacts then, which should help further heal my poor eye! I can't wait until Monday, I just want to wear contacts again!

(and a point to which my dear friend Amy made :: My eye being inflamed - sounds like it should be a super power, sadly its not!)

No comments: