Thursday, August 11, 2011

this ring are master of them all

My dad had been thinking about different graduation presents to get me once I'd acquired my Masters in History. When he got his masters from MIT my grandfather bought him a really fancy watch. He didn't think that I would care very much for a watch so instead he gave me an option.

Would I like a necklace, or a ring?

This was an easy decision. A necklace you can only wear sometimes, depending on the occasion, event, clothes, etc. A ring you can wear all the time! This was the best choice.

Over the Christmas holiday we had gone to various jewelers to see the various options and find something that I would like. I decided on a sapphire stone, but that's about as far as we got. For the past few months dad has been trying to find a ring, while also starting new job and moving into a new house. But finally at the end of July he called me to ask for my ring size! He'd randomly decided to go into a jeweler with my uncle while they were out in Morristown running errands and managed to find the perfect graduation ring! He had to get it sized, but promised to send it to me soon. And then on Wednesday I received notification from FedEx that they tried to deliver but no one was home to sign for it, so they left with my ring! Sooo sad. Luckily, Jonna came home Wednesday from her trip to upstate NY and was home Thursday to sign for the package!

As soon as I got home from work I ran into the house to find the box. I used my keys to open it, finding scissors would've taken too long, and found a little silver bag, and INSIDE that bag was a little white box, and inside THAT box was a little brown box, and inside the box was my RING! Hooray graduation ring is here!! I tried it on and it fit perfectly. It's a simple setting, the middle stone is an oval sapphire with two small diamonds set on either side. I love my present and have worn it everyday since it arrived :) Thank you Dadds for the best present, it's perfect!!

No comments: