Friday, March 5, 2010

cuppycakes with varun

While I was in Morocco, Varun found a new cupcake bakery. He knew that he didn't want to go alone, and patiently waited for me to come back from my trip to take me along! We decided to also have dinner, which was Chipotle, which sometimes is exactly what you want. I drove to his apartment and then we headed out to Fairfax. It was quite the journey for cupcakes from Arlington.

The bakery is called Cupcakes Actually. I honestly think it's an odd name choice, but there it is. Varun bought many cupcakes to share with April and Mikaela after I went back home, and I bought 2. I bought red velvet and chocolate dipped in chocolate. Varun and I split the red velvet and it was OK. I think since was just before closing it was just good, and not amazing. I saved my other cupcake for the next day, but Varun shared his flourless chocolate cupcake with me. And let me tell you, that cupcake was amaaaazing. It melted in my mouth! I didn't know it was possible for cupcakes to do that! We decided we will have to make a trip out to Fairfax again to try more flavors, as they were apparently worth the drive.

No comments: