Saturday, July 11, 2009

jonna is 25

Last Friday was Jonna's 25th birthday! After bugging her for a while, she finally decided that she wanted to go out bowling! Jill's birthday was yesterday, but celebrated on Friday, so in trying to see both my friends I went to the first part of Jill's celebration and the second part of Jonna's.

Brett threw Jill a pizza/ice skating party - but I only made it to the pizza part. Which may have been the best part, because pizza is delicious, as were the strawberries and cake! Afterwards I met Jonna, Michelle and Laurie at Kitty O'Sheas, where we waited for Leigh and Lizzy to arrive. Photo hunt and a creepy drunk guy later, we were on our way to Ft Myer. Leigh, Lizzy and I may have gotten a little confused in directions but finally made it on the base and to the bowling alley. It was very cheap - and pretty empty considering it was a Friday night. In total we bowled 3 games. After the second game Laurie had to leave, but Sarah arrived just in time to take her place. Some how I managed to kick and win every game! Considering the last time I bowled I don't think I got over 80, I was excited to bowl at my highest 148! I tried to take pictures and videos of us bowling and making our poses after tossing the ball down the lane, it's less cool because with the flash you lose the atmosphere but they're still decent pictures.

After bowling we decided to head to Carpool. Beers were had and shuffleboard was played. Everyone was pretty tired except for Jonna who got to sleep in until about noon :P I'm glad Jonna decided she wanted to go bowling, it had been about a year since I last went and it's easy to forget how much fun bowling can be!

More bowling pictures here!

No comments: