Tuesday, December 28, 2010

all i want for christmas, is you

It was decided that Christmas would be spent up North again. This time however I would not have to drive up alone! Brother and I set out and ten hours later arrived in CT. This was the first Christmas in five years we had the entire family in CT for Christmas. Aunt Trisha, Uncle Roger, KC, Paul, Connor, Maggie drove up and Mom and Gram flew up from FL. Brother and I drove up from VA to spend the holiday at my Aunt Laura's house. The house was packed with people, which is the way I like it! Every room had something interesting/entertaining going on. There's never a dull moment when the Loughlin clan is together!

We watched a few movies, played games, and ate a lot of food throughout the weekend. The adults were up before the kids and forced us all awake and out of bed/floor/couch/air mattresses to open Christmas presents. At some point it switched and now the adults wake up before the kids, it's terrible! Luckily, we all could go back to sleep once presents were opened. We watched The Other Guys, which was much funnier than I was expecting, and played a few rounds of comedy movie scene it. The boys were undefeated.. for now. After a huge and delicious Ham dinner, for dessert we had birthday cake! Mom picked up an ice cream cake (my favorite) AND a red velvet cheesecake (my 2nd favorite). I had to have large pieces of both! I recorded my birthday song from the best family I could ever ask for :) It's pretty horrible, everyone is off key and loud of course. I wouldn't have it any other way!!

video


The day after, brother and I headed to NH for Christmas with dad. Unknown to me, Andrew was going to catch a ride up with us! I have a tiny car, and we were packed in tight! It was great to see Aunt Frances when she dropped off Andrew, I only wish we had more time to visit with her before we had to go. We decided to drive up to NH at the start of the blizzard so it took about 4 hours to get to dads. Luckily we reached a point where we were ahead of the storm, and detoured around the traffic. We arrived in NH and waited for the blizzard to catch up, and it did! Glorious white Christmas, round 2. Dad decided we were having lobster for dinner, which was awesome. I hadn't had lobster in a long time, so delicious. Uncle Kelly made us watch The Box after dinner, and it was a terrible movie. Don't. Ever. See. It.

Brother had to leave early Monday to head back down to DC. He had a flight Tuesday to Africa for his hike on Mt. Kilimanjaro. Of course we had driven my car, and of course it was still snowing heavily, so it made for an interesting drive. But luckily he made it back safely. I stayed an extra day in Portsmouth with Dad and we went to the mall to shop for Christmas presents. I got a bunch of new clothes and boots!

I was very lucky that my flight only had an hour delay, otherwise I didn't have any other issues getting home. I sat patiently and read my new Nook! the entire time. There were a lot of other flights that had problems thanks to the snow, but I made it home without any problems and before midnight. It was a great Christmas - I got to see a lot of my family and relax. The best Christmas present would have to be receiving my Master's degree :)

No comments: