Monday, December 20, 2010

i are MASTER of history

After what seemed like an unending semester, it actually ended. And with it, I received my Masters degree in History. I spent months of my life in constant company of the witches of Salem and the works of the men that lived and experienced the hysteria. I had written a 40 paged paper on the changing perception of people in Salem and how these changes mimic the 5 stages of grief. I am incredibly proud of my work and that I received an A- in the class :D (If anyone is interested in reading my final, let me know! I promise it's not boring, heh)

Random fun facts: the Salem witch hunt lasted around 9 months and all of those who were executed for witchcraft were hanged, not burnt. European witches however were burnt at the stake, leave it to Europe to make punishment more terrifying.

I finished my time at George Mason with straight As, and kicked it in the face! An A for my internship, and A- in Clio Wired, to go along with my A- for my research seminar. It feels SO good. It's really hard to describe. I'm still realizing that I've finished and that I don't have to go back to class and homework next month.

What's next? A lot! But at least now it's on my schedule and my time. I think first I'll try to catch up on all the sleep I've lost in the past year. And then lots of celebrating! I think this is the best Christmas present I can give myself :)

No comments: