Wednesday, December 22, 2010

free time

So I immediately decided to take advantage of my new free time. Instead of sleeping, I wanted to go play! After work Stephanie and I met up at the Portrait Gallery in DC to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit. First we had lunch at Vapiano! and meandered our way over to the gallery when we were finished. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to take pictures of the art work, but that just means everyone has to get over to the gallery before it ends on January 2nd. Also, this doesn't mean that I didn't want to try to take pictures anyway. Stephanie didn't want to get kicked out the museum and forbade me to take pictures too. I personally think that would be a funny story, getting kicked out of a museum, but I behaved. The works were lent by Steven Spielberg and George Lucas from their personal collection. It was neat that the exhibit included some of their reasons for liking the work and why they purchased particular paintings. I really liked the sketched painting of the girl on the stairs and the one with the mother in the teal nightgown and her daughter at the dressing table. (I tried to find these online but gave up quickly. You'll just have to go to the exhibit and see them yourself).

No comments: