Thursday, June 18, 2009

more csa

It would seem that vegetables grow faster than Jonna and I can eat them. We had fallen behind in our CSA veggies, and decided on Thursday night before we headed to Vermont (for separate trips randomly on the same flight!) that we would cook a giant medley of veggies. We had garlic, broccoli, squash, zucchini, kale, a red veggie that I can't remember now, with olive oil and spices stir fryed on the stove in my panda pan. We also made Evan eat the vegetables with us. The end result was very delicious, and very green! Oh, and of course there was wine. We also watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which is a really great movie if you haven't seen it yet, do that, immediately. And Jonna and I distracted Evan from studying, and he made a study wall of protection from Jonna. I love to take pictures for no reason at all :)

Jonna is out of town until Thursday so I will be picking up this weeks veggies alone, on Wednesday. I'm going to need to find some recipes to try cooking with our veggies instead of just making a pot of greens. It tastes delicious, so I really don't have a reason to complain - but it would be more fun to get to also try some new recipes with all the fresh foods!

1 comment:

Apes said...

you should grill them up - or wrap them in foil with a lil spice and oil and stick them in the oven - i do that with my veggies and make it with fish. OR sautee up the veggies and throw them in with some spaghetti noodles and you have a veggie pasta!